Monday, May 20, 2013

More About Plants

Today I'm over at the Darker Temptations blog, talking about which author I'd like to be (or not) and even there I had to bring gardening into the discussion LOL! I'm rather plant obsessed at the moment, so forgive me! I'm finally in a south-facing apartment and I'm all excited about the prospect of having plants again. Spent way more than I'd planned at Home Depot yesterday, but it makes me so happy, it was worth it I think.

So, just because, here are some pictures of my fledgling garden, both indoors and out. The Hibiscus will winter indoors, and hopefully between now and then give me some blooms! I love them because they remind me of home, where they grow wild and sometimes are used to create arches over walkways and things like that by twisting the branches together. Nothing like that possible here, but I'm not complaining.

So, here's the indoor garden so far:

And the outdoor planter, not quite complete yet:


And my hibiscus, sans flowers at the moment, but full and lovely all the same:

Oh, and a little correction to a previous post about the cherry trees. Apparently the tree I was photographing closely is actually a crab apple! My friend corrected me on that and, taking a closer look, I realized there is quite a difference, although not to my untrained eyes' first glance. I tried to take a picture of two of the trees together, but it's not as clear as I'd like. The cherry tree is in the forefront, with the lighter blossoms. The crab apple is a little hard to see, but it's just behind and has the darker pink blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment