Thursday, July 28, 2011

Birthdays are awesome!

Well, I like to think mine is, anyway. I finally got a Kobo e-reader as a gift from my husband and father! I'm so excited...but does it have to take fifty-billion hours to charge the darn thing??? I wanna play with it!

When I first thought about buying one, I had an hour-long commute and I thought it would be the ideal time to read on an e-reader. Then I switched jobs, and my commute was only about ten minutes. I decided not to bother getting one, since I would be reading mostly at home, and have no problem reading on my computer. Now, I'm back to that hour-long commute again, and can't WAIT to whip out my e-reader on the bus.

What with everything I've had in the works, there are a couple of books in particular on my TBR 'pile' I've been DYING to get a chance to read. One is Falling Hard by J.K. Coi. The other is Incarnate by A.C. Ruttan (who also writes as Amy Ruttan. As A.C.'s critique partner I read Incarnate when it was in its infancy, and really want to read the finished product!

It'll also be cool to load my own books onto my reader and, when I meet up with a romance lover, whip it out to show them!

Yeah, I love me some birthday surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment